Planning Board Meeting
INTRODUCTORY LOCAL LAW FARM-RELATED ZONING AMENDMENTS
TOWN OF CRAWFORD
INTRODUCTORY LOCAL LAW
FARM-RELATED ZONING AMENDMENTS
BE IT ENACTED by the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, County of Orange, State of New York, as follows:
Section 1. Chapter 137, titled “Zoning,” of the Code of the Town of Crawford is amended as follows:
(4) The Planning Board may waive the public hearing for buildings, structures, uses and nonstructural site elements of a farm operation on land located in a County agricultural district or land used in agricultural production which is subject to an agricultural assessment.However, in order to protect the Scenic Corridor Overlay District and the purposes of that Overlay District and the scenic qualities of other areas of the Town, the Planning Board may only waive the public hearing requirement if the Board determines that the size, location and appearance of the proposed building, structure, use and nonstructural site element will not have an adverse effect on the Overlay District or its purposes or on the scenic qualities of any other area of the Town.
(3) Any building or structure used to house or stable animals shall be at least 100 feet from all property lines.
(4) Barnyards, silos, barn gutters, animal pens, and any building or structure used to house or stable animals shall be at least 100 feet from water wells.
(5) Manure piles shall be at least 200 from water wells.
(3) The Planning Board may waive the public hearing for buildings, structures and uses intended for a farm operation on land located in a County agricultural district or land used in agricultural production which is subject to an agricultural assessment.However, in order to protect the Scenic Corridor Overlay District and the purposes of that Overlay District and the scenic qualities of other areas of the Town, the Planning Board may only waive the public hearing requirement if the Board determines that the size, location and appearance of the proposed building, structure, use and nonstructural site element will not have an adverse effect on the Overlay District or its purposes or on the scenic qualities of any other area of the Town.
(2) Notwithstanding the 62-day time period stated in paragraph (1) above, the time period shall be 45 days when a site plan application includes a building, structure or use intended for a farm operation on land located in a County agricultural district or land used in agricultural production which is subject to an agricultural exemption.
Section 2. Separability. If any part of provision of this local law or the application thereof to any person or circumstance be adjudged invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, such judgment shall be confined in its operation to the part or provision or application directly involved in the controversy in which such judgment shall have been rendered and shall not affect or impair the validity of the remainder of this local law or the application thereof to other persons or circumstances.
Section 3. Supersession. The Town Board hereby declares its legislative intent to supercede any provision of any local law, rule, or regulation or provision of the law inconsistent with this local law. The provisions of law intended to be superceded include all the Town Law, including Article 16, and any other provision of law that the Town may supercede pursuant to the Municipal Home Rule Law and the Constitution of the State of New York. The courts are requested to take notice of this legislative intent and apply it in the event the Town has failed to specify any provision of law that may require supersession. The Town Board hereby declares that it would have enacted this local law and superceded such inconsistent provision had it been apparent.
Section 4. This local law shall take immediately upon filing with the Secretary of State.
NOTICE OF HEARING
TOWN OF CRAWFORD TOWN BOARD
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
PUBLIC TAKE NOTICE that the Town of Crawford Town Board has rescheduled the public hearing on March 19, 2020, at 7:40 PM to April 16, 2020 at 7:40 PM at the Town Hall, 121 State Route 302, Pine Bush, New York, in order to receive and consider public comment concerning community projects for which the Town Board may apply for funding under the Fiscal Year – 2021 Orange County Community Development Program. The Town of Crawford will make every effort to assure that the hearing is accessible to persons with disabilities. Anyone requiring special assistance and/or reasonable accommodations should contact the Town Clerk.
Dated: February 20, 2020
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF CRAWFORD
JESSICA KEMPTER, TOWN CLERK
RESOLUTION INTRODUCING LOCAL LAW
AND PROVIDING FOR PUBLIC
NOTICE AND HEARING
BE IT RESOLVED that an introductory Local Law, entitled “Addition to Opt-Out of Real Property Tax Law §487 Exemption” be and it hereby is introduced by Supervisor Charles Carnes, before the Town Board of the Town of Crawford in the County of Orange and State of New York, and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that copies of the aforesaid proposed local law be laid upon the desk of each member of the Board, and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Board hold a public hearing on said proposed local law at the Town Hall, 121 Route 302, in the Town of Crawford, Pine Bush, New York at 7:30 P.M. on March 19, 2020, has been rescheduled to April 16, 2020 at 7:30 PM and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Clerk publish or cause to be published a public notice in the official newspaper of the Town of Crawford of said public hearing at least five (5) days prior thereto.
On a motion by Supervisor Charles Carnes seconded by Councilman Michael Menendez the resolution was adopted on a vote of 4 Ayes, 0 Nays.
The Supervisor declared this resolution adopted.
Dated: February 20, 2020
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING
TOWN OF CRAWFORD PEDESTRIAN IMPROVEMENTS
PROJECT IDENTIFICATION NO. 8780.46
The Town of Crawford has announced that a Public Information Meeting will be held to discuss the proposed design of sidewalks along NYS Route 302. The meeting will be held at Town Hall, 121 State Route 302, Pine Bush, NY on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 7:20 p.m has been rescheduled until April 16, 2020 at 7:20 PM
The purpose of the meeting is to present the proposed design for sidewalk reconstruction/ construction along NYS Route 302 at Pine Bush High School and the Town of Crawford Government Center to Stock Market Road, and to receive comments on the proposed project from individuals, groups, officials, and local agencies. This Public Information Meeting is part of the continuing efforts by the involved local, state, and federal agencies to encourage public input into the development of transportation projects.
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN OF CRAWFORD TOWN BOARD
Town Board Meeting
Bryan M. Kulak
Mark L. Schuh
P: (845) 744-2435
F: (845) 744-2492
E: [email protected]
E: [email protected]
The Town of Crawford Justice Court is the local justice court in Pine Bush, NY with jurisdiction over many different types of cases including Penal Law, Vehicle & Traffic Law, Parking, Town Ordinances, Evictions, as well as Civil and Small Claims cases. The courts monetary jurisdiction in civil and small claims cases is up to $3,000.00.
The Court Clerks public office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
Criminal Matters are heard on the 3rd Monday & 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm.
All other matters are heard on the 1st, 2nd, & 4th Monday at 6:00pm and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Tuesday at 6:00pm.
NOTE: Do NOT call the court while court is in session, the telephones are not attended. Please do not leave messages on the court telephones, they are NOT monitored.
PROPER ATTIRE IS REQUIRED IN THE COURTROOM AT ALL TIMES. NO T-SHIRTS, SHORTS OR SIMILAR ATTIRE IS PERMITTED. NO CELL PHONES OR COMPUTERS ARE PERMITTED IN THE COURTROOM. THEY MUST BE LEFT IN YOUR VEHICLE.
PAYMENT OF FINES:
The Court accepts payment in either cash, postal money orders or bank checks as well as credit cards. Cash must be exact change. Credit cards can only be MasterCard or VISA. To pay by credit card at the window there is a service fee of 2.99% assessed. To pay by credit card online or by phone there is a service fee of 6.99% assessed. NOTE: Personal checks are NOT accepted.
To pay by mail: Town of Crawford Justice Court, 121 Route 302, Pine Bush NY 12566 and
indicate the case number or your full name and date of birth.
To pay by phone: Please call 1-888-912-1541
To pay online:
TO FILE A SMALL CLAIM:
The person you are suing must reside or have a place of business in the Town of Crawford. The filing fee is either $10.00 (claim under $1,000) or $15.00 (claims $1,000 to $3,000). To file a claim you msut stop by the court office during the hours indicated above. Claim amounts are up to $3,000.00 only.
EVICTIONS: See the new "DO IT YOURSELF" website at www.NYCourthelp.gov
To be married by either of the Town Judges see the Court Clerk to fill out the necessary paperwork and to schedule a date and time to be married. You must show proof of marriage affidavit prior to scheduling ceremony.