TOWN OF CRAWFORD
PLANNING BOARD PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
121 Route 302
Pine Bush, NY
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Planning Board of the Town of Crawford will hold a public hearing for a change of use/special use permit from warehouse for on-line sales to storage and distribution of building supplies for GPX Building Supplies LLC at the property 177 Stone Schoolhouse Rd., designated as 22-1-77.13 on the Tax Map of the Town of Crawford in the BP Zoning District. Said hearing will take place on July 22, 2020, at 7:00 P.M. at 121 Route 302, Pine Bush, NY.
For the Planning Board
Linda Zwart, Chairman
Planning Board Meeting
NOTICE OF HEARING
INTRODUCTORY LOCAL LAW
DESIGNATION OF MIXED USE FLOATING ZONING DISTRICT 1
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that there has been introduced before the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, New York, on June 18, 2020, a local law entitled “Designation Of Mixed Use Floating Zoning District 1”, which local law would change the zoning district designation of property located at the intersection of State Route 302 and Blackhawk Road, identified as Tax Map No. P/O 8-2-62, consisting of 7.9 ± acres of land, from the Business Park (BP) zoning district to the Mixed Use (MU) floating zoning district. A complete copy of the Introductory Local Law is available for inspection at the Clerk's Office.
NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to Section 20 of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, New York, will hold a public hearing on the aforesaid Local Law at the Town Hall, 121 Route 302, Pine Bush 12566, on July 16, 2020, at 7:40 P.M., at which time all persons interested therein shall be heard.
The Town of Crawford will make every effort to assure that the hearing is accessible to persons with disabilities. Anyone requiring special assistance and/or reasonable accommodations should contact the Town Clerk.
Dated: July 1, 2020 BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF CRAWFORD
JESSICA KEMPTER, TOWN CLERK
BE IT ENACTED by the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, County of Orange, State of New York, as follows:
Section 1. The official zoning map of the Town of Crawford, established by §137-5, titled “Zoning Map” of Chapter 137, titled “Zoning,” of the Code of the Town of Crawford, is amended by changing the zoning district designation of a portion of property identified as Tax Map No. P/O 8-2-62 from the Business Park (PB) zoning district to the Mixed Use floating zoning district (MU), as more particularly shown on the map annexed hereto.
Section 2. This local law shall take effect immediately upon filing with the Secretary of State.
MIXED USE FLOATING ZONING DISTRICT
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that there has been introduced before the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, New York, on June 18, 2020, a local law entitled “Mixed Use Floating Zoning District”, which local law would establish a new mixed use floating zoning district; set forth the permitted uses in that district, including multifamily dwellings, general retail, personal service, restaurant and other commercial uses; set forth bulk requirements; and provide a procedure to designate properties as a Mixed Use zoning district. A complete copy of the Introductory Local Law is available for inspection at the Clerk's Office.
NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to Section 20 of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, New York, will hold a public hearing on the aforesaid Local Law at the Town Hall, 121 Route 302, Pine Bush 12566, on Thursday, July 16, 2020, at 7:30 P.M., at which time all persons interested therein shall be heard.
Dated: July 1, 2020 BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF CRAWFORD
Section 1. Legislative intent. The intent of this local law is to allow the development on a single tract of land of multi-family dwellings and commercial uses, and to authorize the development of smaller (one-bedroom and two-bedroom) multi-family dwelling units to provide affordable housing. There is very little affordable rental housing in the Town. Mixed use development has the added benefit of providing commercial services, such as stores, banks and other uses, within easy walking distance of the residences, which also reduces traffic on area roads.
Section 2. Chapter 137, titled “Zoning,” of the Code of the Town of Crawford is amended by adding a new section, designated as §137-25.2.2 and titled “Mixed Use Floating Zoning District,” to read as follows:
§25.2.2. Mixed Use Floating Zoning District.
A. Permitted uses. The following uses are permitted as special permit uses in a Mixed Use Floating Zoning District (MU District):
(1) Multi-family dwellings, subject to the following:
(a) No more than two bedrooms per dwelling unit
(b) Compliance with §137-28E, except §137-28E(10)
(c) The requirement in §137-28E(9) to provide a children’s play area is modified to 200 square feet per dwelling unit
(2) General retail
(3) General business office
(4) Medical office
(5) Personal service
(8) Any other use permitted by the Town Board upon its designation of certain property as a MU District.
C. Bulk requirements and parking. The following dimensional requirements are applicable in a MU District, provided, however, that the Town Board may modify the requirements where appropriate so that the mixed use development will conserve the environment, preserve or foster neighborhood character or preserve open space.
(1) Minimum lot size: 5 acres
(2) Minimum lot width: 200 feet
(3) Minimum front yard setback:
(a) Town highway: 100 feet
(b) County road: 100 feet
(c) State highway 100 feet
(4) Minimum side yard setback (each): 30 feet
(5) Minimum rear yard setback: 40feet
(6) Maximum building height: 35 feet
(7) Maximum building coverage: 40%
(8) Minimum distance between residences and business buildings:
As determined by the Planning Board during site plan review.
(9) Residential density: 7dwelling units per gross acre.
(10) Maximum gross floor area for dwelling units:
1-bedroom units: 900 square feet
2-bedroom units: 1,000 square feet
(11) Minimum commercial floor area per dwelling unit: 400 square feet
(12) Parking requirement for residential use: 1.5 spaces per dwelling unit
(13) Parking requirement for commercial uses: As required in §137-23
D. Supplementary regulations.
(1) The minimum lot size, minimum lot width and residential density requirements apply to the size and dimensions of the applicant’s property prior to any subsequent subdivision of that property. If a property is subdivided as part of or after site plan review, then the minimum lot size of each subdivided lot shall be three (3) acres and the minimum lot width of each subdivided lot shall be 150 feet.
(2) All proposed development in the MU District shall be designed on a site plan that shows the multi-family buildings, commercial buildings and all associated infrastructure and amenities. The Planning Board shall review and either deny, approve or approve with conditions only a site plan that shows all such residential and commercial buildings, infrastructure and amenities.
E. Procedure to designate properties as a MU District.
(1) A petition to designate certain property as a MU District shall be made to the Town Board pursuant to the zoning amendment provisions of §137-38. The petition for MU District designation shall include a survey showing the approximate location of proposed buildings and other structures, proposed uses of each building, parking areas, vehicle circulation, pedestrian circulation and other proposed facilities. The petition shall also include a vicinity map showing adjoining and nearby roads, neighboring properties and water mains and sewer mains. In addition, the petition shall be accompanied by a completed full environmental assessment form (EAF) or a draft environmental impact statement (DEIS) pursuant to the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQR). The Town Board has no obligation to consider a MU District petition and the Town Board may, in its sole discretion, choose not to take action on or reject a petition for a MU District at any time prior to final adoption of a zoning amendment.
(2) Within six months of the date that the Town Board adopts a zoning amendment designating certain property as a MU District, the applicant shall apply to the Planning Board for site plan and special permit use approval. If a period of more than six months passes between the Town Board designation of the MU District and submission of a site plan and special permit use application, the MU District designation shall expire, and the property shall revert to its prior zoning classification unless the MU designation is extended by resolution of the Town Board.
(3) A petition fee shall be established by resolution of the Town Board, and may be modified from time to time by Town Board resolution. In addition, if the Town incurs expenses for assistance in the review of the application, the applicant shall be required to pay the reasonable expenses incurred by the Town and deposit funds with the Town prior to the cost being incurred. Such assistance includes, but it not limited to, services provided by professional planners, licensed engineers, licensed landscape architects, licensed attorneys, licensed land surveyors and licensed property appraisers.
Section 3. Section 137-4, titled “Enumeration of districts,” of Chapter 137, titled “Zoning,” of the Code of the Town of Crawford is amended by adding the following zoning district:
MU Mixed Use Floating District
Section 4. Severability. If any section, subsection, paragraph, clause, phrase or provision of this local law (jointly, “provision”) is adjudged invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, such judgment shall be limited to the particular provision adjudged invalid and shall not affect the validity of this local law as a whole or any part thereof other than the provision adjudged invalid.
Section 5. This local law shall take effect immediately upon filing with the Secretary of State.
TOWN BOARD MEETING
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town Board of the Town of Crawford will hold its regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, December 17th, 2020, at 7:00 P.M. This meeting will be held via remote ZOOM videoconference, as described further below.
Based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the COVID-19 virus pandemic and as permitted under Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order Numbers 202.1 and 202.10, the public will not be permitted to attend the public meeting in person at the Town Hall. Instead, the public will have the ability to see and hear the meeting live via the ZOOM videoconference meeting as described below, as permitted by the New York State Open Meetings Law, as modified by the Executive Orders. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the Town Board members will be situated.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that, to the extent practicable, the Town Board’s agenda will be made available online in advance of the meeting at www.townofcrawford.org.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any person who wishes for his or her comment to be heard during the public comment session during the remote meeting can send his or her comments in advance of the meeting to [email protected] or call 845-744-2020 by no later than 4:00 PM on December 17th, 2020.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that, in accordance with Executive Order 202.1, said meeting will be recorded and a transcript will be prepared at a later date, in addition to the regular meeting minutes.
INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCESS THE VIRTUAL MEETING: If you have a computer, tablet, or smartphone, you can register, log in, and see the video and hear the audio of the live session. You can access the Town meeting as follows: Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85613029414?pwd=VEx4UzJ4c3IrMHFIeUh4cEM3WFZlUT09Meeting ID: 856 1302 9414
On the evening of Thursday, December 17th, 2020 several minutes before 7:00 pm log in with your electronic device. You will be placed on hold until the meeting starts. If anyone has any questions regarding the videoconference they may call the Town Clerk’s Office 845-744-2020.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Planning Board of the Town of Crawford will hold a public hearing for a 3 lot subdivision for Joseph Longobardo at the property located at Holland and Kelly Aves., Pine Bush, NY, designated as 6-9-6 & 6-9-7.1 on the Tax Map of the Town of Crawford in the R Zoning District. Said hearing will take place on July 8, 2020, at 7:00 P.M. at 121 Route 302, Pine Bush, NY.
Inspections for work completed are normally done between 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
The Town of Crawford now requires that a post be placed at the end of each driveway with the 911 number or street address on it. Please contact the Building Department for a copy of the specifications.
Building permits are needed for anything built. Examples are: dwellings, garages, additions, decks, porches, pools, sheds, etc. A fee will be charged. Applications can be picked up at Town Hall Mon-Fri 8:30-4:00.
Permits are required for yard sales. No fee is required.
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
A New York State law has just been passed that all dwellings must have at least one carbon monoxide detector in place before the bedroom of the first floor.
No unregistered vehicles are allowed on any property in any zone.
Crawford Sign Law
It’s that time of the year where yard sales and social events are abundant. PLEASE NOTE: that pursuant to section §137-17 Town of Crawford Code, a permit(s) is required for ALL signage. Signs are to be placed ONLY on the property where you conduct business. It is prohibited to put signs on utility poles, street signs, traffic devices, etc.
Pursuant to section §68-5 of the Town of Crawford Code, it is the responsibility of the owner or occupant of every parcel to maintain the grass/weeds on their property. Failure to maintain property will result in the Town charging the property owner for all expenses incurred.
Lawns must be trimmed along sidewalks.
The property owner is responsible for their sidewalk snow removal.