Planning Board Meeting. Technical Review Immediately Following Planning Board Meeting as Needed.
TOWN OF CRAWFORD PLANNING BOARD PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE 121 Route 302 Pine Bush, NY NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Planning Board of the Town of Crawford will hold a public hearing for site plan approval for ground-mounted residential solar arrays for the property located at Last Rd., designated as 27-1-54 on the Tax Map of the Town of Crawford in the RA zoning district, owned by Jesse Campo. Said hearing will take place on September 28, 2022, at 7:00 P.M. at 121 Route 302, Pine Bush, NY. For the Planning Board Linda Zwart, Chairman
TOWN OF CRAWFORD PLANNING BOARD PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE 121 Route 302 Pine Bush, NY NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Planning Board of the Town of Crawford will hold a public hearing for site plan amendment to add a “Mommy & Me” business to an existing building located at 20 Boniface Drive, designated as 8-2-20 on the Tax Map of the Town of Crawford in the BP-Hamlet District, owned by the Zanetti Agency. Said hearing will take place on September 28, 2022, at 7:00 P.M. at 121 Route 302, Pine Bush, NY. For the Planning Board Linda Zwart, Chairman
TOWN OF CRAWFORD
NOTICE OF HEARING
INTRODUCTORY LOCAL LAW
RETAIL USE IN O-R ZONING DISTRICT
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that there has been introduced before the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, New York, on August 25, 2022, a local law, titled “Retail Use In O-R Zoning District,” which local law would authorize retail uses as a permitted use in the O-R (Office-Residence) zoning district.
A complete copy of the Introductory Local Law is available for inspection at the Clerk's Office.
NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to Section 20 of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, New York, will hold a public hearing on the aforesaid Local Law on September 15, 2022, at 7:00 P.M. or soon thereafter, at the Town Hall, 121 Route 302, Pine Bush, New York 12566, at which time all persons interested therein shall be heard.
The Town of Crawford will make every effort to assure that the hearing is accessible to persons with disabilities. Anyone requiring special assistance and/or reasonable accommodations should contact the Town Clerk.
Dated: August 26, 2022
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF CRAWFORD
JESSICA KEMPTER, TOWN CLERK
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting
Town Hall Closed: Labor Day
The Town of Crawford was incorporated in 1823. However, its development had its beginnings well before that year. It made significant progress since its early days. When started as an inland, wooded and rocky area which grew slowly at first. Many old maps have various names for the area we know today as Crawford. Crawford was originally part of the Town of Montgomery, as shown by the Montgomery town records from approximately 1768 through 1777.
The first settlers of the area were of German, Dutch, Scottish and Irish decent. These early settlers migrated north from the Wallkill River area. The descendants of the Huguenot and Dutch ancestries migrated south from Ulster County, near the New Paltz and Shawangunk areas to what is now Crawford. The main reason for this migration was for farming areas for the families to cultivate and make a living from. Many of the old families still have descendants in Crawford. The names of Bruyn, Bull, Crawford, Youngblood, Sinsbaugh, and others are still families that line within the Crawford town limits. Many of these families also came to the Crawford area from Newburgh, Montgomery, and New Windsor areas.
Early settlements have recorded documentation in the Town of Montgomery records. Many of the early names for the area were Dwaars Kill, Shawangunk Kill, Snyder's Mill, Big and Little Pokanisink, Snyder's Meeting House and Robert Milligan’s Saw Mill. Johannes Snyder was one of the earliest settlers in the town, which later became known as Crawford. He began a small settlement on both sides of the Dwaar Kill near the present hamlet of Searsville at about 1740. He operated a mill at this location in 1768, and had a major role in establishing a meetinghouse in the same hamlet. Robert Milliken operated a saw mill on the opposite side of the town on the Shawangunk Kill at around the same period. Below Millikin's saw mill, there was a flour mill operated by Pat Boyce, as did Abraham Bruyn in the same location. In addition to these mills along the Shawangunk Kill, there also existed a combined saw, grist, and carding mill run by the Slotts family.