Planning Board Meeting
INTRODUCTORY LOCAL LAW FARM-RELATED ZONING AMENDMENTS
TOWN OF CRAWFORD
INTRODUCTORY LOCAL LAW
FARM-RELATED ZONING AMENDMENTS
BE IT ENACTED by the Town Board of the Town of Crawford, County of Orange, State of New York, as follows:
Section 1. Chapter 137, titled “Zoning,” of the Code of the Town of Crawford is amended as follows:
(4) The Planning Board may waive the public hearing for buildings, structures, uses and nonstructural site elements of a farm operation on land located in a County agricultural district or land used in agricultural production which is subject to an agricultural assessment.However, in order to protect the Scenic Corridor Overlay District and the purposes of that Overlay District and the scenic qualities of other areas of the Town, the Planning Board may only waive the public hearing requirement if the Board determines that the size, location and appearance of the proposed building, structure, use and nonstructural site element will not have an adverse effect on the Overlay District or its purposes or on the scenic qualities of any other area of the Town.
(3) Any building or structure used to house or stable animals shall be at least 100 feet from all property lines.
(4) Barnyards, silos, barn gutters, animal pens, and any building or structure used to house or stable animals shall be at least 100 feet from water wells.
(5) Manure piles shall be at least 200 from water wells.
(3) The Planning Board may waive the public hearing for buildings, structures and uses intended for a farm operation on land located in a County agricultural district or land used in agricultural production which is subject to an agricultural assessment.However, in order to protect the Scenic Corridor Overlay District and the purposes of that Overlay District and the scenic qualities of other areas of the Town, the Planning Board may only waive the public hearing requirement if the Board determines that the size, location and appearance of the proposed building, structure, use and nonstructural site element will not have an adverse effect on the Overlay District or its purposes or on the scenic qualities of any other area of the Town.
(2) Notwithstanding the 62-day time period stated in paragraph (1) above, the time period shall be 45 days when a site plan application includes a building, structure or use intended for a farm operation on land located in a County agricultural district or land used in agricultural production which is subject to an agricultural exemption.
Section 2. Separability. If any part of provision of this local law or the application thereof to any person or circumstance be adjudged invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, such judgment shall be confined in its operation to the part or provision or application directly involved in the controversy in which such judgment shall have been rendered and shall not affect or impair the validity of the remainder of this local law or the application thereof to other persons or circumstances.
Section 3. Supersession. The Town Board hereby declares its legislative intent to supercede any provision of any local law, rule, or regulation or provision of the law inconsistent with this local law. The provisions of law intended to be superceded include all the Town Law, including Article 16, and any other provision of law that the Town may supercede pursuant to the Municipal Home Rule Law and the Constitution of the State of New York. The courts are requested to take notice of this legislative intent and apply it in the event the Town has failed to specify any provision of law that may require supersession. The Town Board hereby declares that it would have enacted this local law and superceded such inconsistent provision had it been apparent.
Section 4. This local law shall take immediately upon filing with the Secretary of State.
NOTICE OF HEARING
TOWN OF CRAWFORD TOWN BOARD
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
PUBLIC TAKE NOTICE that the Town of Crawford Town Board has rescheduled the public hearing on March 19, 2020, at 7:40 PM to April 16, 2020 at 7:40 PM at the Town Hall, 121 State Route 302, Pine Bush, New York, in order to receive and consider public comment concerning community projects for which the Town Board may apply for funding under the Fiscal Year – 2021 Orange County Community Development Program. The Town of Crawford will make every effort to assure that the hearing is accessible to persons with disabilities. Anyone requiring special assistance and/or reasonable accommodations should contact the Town Clerk.
Dated: February 20, 2020
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD OF THE TOWN OF CRAWFORD
JESSICA KEMPTER, TOWN CLERK
RESOLUTION INTRODUCING LOCAL LAW
AND PROVIDING FOR PUBLIC
NOTICE AND HEARING
BE IT RESOLVED that an introductory Local Law, entitled “Addition to Opt-Out of Real Property Tax Law §487 Exemption” be and it hereby is introduced by Supervisor Charles Carnes, before the Town Board of the Town of Crawford in the County of Orange and State of New York, and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that copies of the aforesaid proposed local law be laid upon the desk of each member of the Board, and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Board hold a public hearing on said proposed local law at the Town Hall, 121 Route 302, in the Town of Crawford, Pine Bush, New York at 7:30 P.M. on March 19, 2020, has been rescheduled to April 16, 2020 at 7:30 PM and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Clerk publish or cause to be published a public notice in the official newspaper of the Town of Crawford of said public hearing at least five (5) days prior thereto.
On a motion by Supervisor Charles Carnes seconded by Councilman Michael Menendez the resolution was adopted on a vote of 4 Ayes, 0 Nays.
The Supervisor declared this resolution adopted.
Dated: February 20, 2020
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING
TOWN OF CRAWFORD PEDESTRIAN IMPROVEMENTS
PROJECT IDENTIFICATION NO. 8780.46
The Town of Crawford has announced that a Public Information Meeting will be held to discuss the proposed design of sidewalks along NYS Route 302. The meeting will be held at Town Hall, 121 State Route 302, Pine Bush, NY on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 7:20 p.m has been rescheduled until April 16, 2020 at 7:20 PM
The purpose of the meeting is to present the proposed design for sidewalk reconstruction/ construction along NYS Route 302 at Pine Bush High School and the Town of Crawford Government Center to Stock Market Road, and to receive comments on the proposed project from individuals, groups, officials, and local agencies. This Public Information Meeting is part of the continuing efforts by the involved local, state, and federal agencies to encourage public input into the development of transportation projects.
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN OF CRAWFORD TOWN BOARD
Town Board Meeting
Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM the Town of Crawford will be closed for all non-essential services until further notice. We will be checking our phones daily. Please leave a message. Police will be on duty 24/7 during this time. Other emergencies may be addressed at the following:
Police 911 or 744-5000
Community Services 744-8230
Tax Collector 744-3953
Town Clerk 744-2020
Thank you for your patience during this time. We hope to resume normal services as soon as possible when it is deemed safe for both our residents and Town employees.
Supervisor Charles Carnes
Dated: March 18, 2020
Effective 5:00 PM today, Friday, March 13, 2020, Supervisor Charles Carnes has declared a local State of Emergency due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). This is to ensure the town can apply for funding for reimbursement for the expenditures during the emergency until further notice. It also enable us to enact further regulations as may be necessary. This does not restrict travel but we encourage everyone to take necessary precautions during this time to curb the spread of this illness.
The Senior/Community center will be closed thru March 30, 2020 and may be extended if the need arises. Town Hall will be on a regular operating schedule including Town Court's, Planning Board, Zoning Board and Town Board Meetings until further notice. As you know the Pine Bush Central School District and Valley Central School District will be closed for the next two weeks. Orange County Health Commissioner Dr. Irina Gelman noted that the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the flu and other droplet-spread viruses, continues to be to practice basic, common sense personal hygiene. This includes washing your hands frequently, not touching your face, and avoiding unnecessary contact with others. Most importantly do not go to the doctor's office, an emergency room or other healthcare facilities. Please call them for instructions. For further questions, please call the Orange County Department of Health at 845-291-2330.
If contacting the Police, Fire or any other first responder, please notify the dispatcher when you call of any health issues you may have for their protection.
We will continuously update this site as conditions warrant. Thank you.
Welcome to the Town of Crawford website. We are all very happy to be able to offer our residents and visitors an internet connection designed to be informative and helpful. We hope that our website will make interaction with Town government more accessible.
On behalf of the Town of Crawford, I am pleased to present the Town’s 2020 Budget for your consideration. Despite the poor economic climate and increased costs in many areas, including unfunded mandates handed down from the state, we have continued to control costs in the areas that we can. This year, town residents will see an increase of less than 1% in their taxes. The general tax rate consisting of the Highway and most other departments continues to be under the New York State Property Tax Cap for the 8th consecutive year.
During 2019, events that support our local business owners have continued to grow and several new shops and restaurants have opened within our town. Our beautiful walking trail expansion was completed and new equipment for the highway department was purchased. I would like to take this time to thank the many employees who worked this past year with us to find ways to save money and be more efficient while maintaining services to our residents.
2019 Final Assessment Roll: Download Link